This was quite a turmoiled release for XFER Design.
The team started by wanting to release the H145 for X-Plane 10 and 11, then decided on moving to X-Plane 11 exclusively. While the team always wanted to release the final version, they later decided on releasing an earlier version. Not that the H145 is not usable – it is – but the team knows there are some improvements to be done.
Also, do not expect an exact replica of the helicopter XFER Design is very clear and honest about it, as you can see in the features list below. They are not aiming at a perfect replica. Admittedly, the flight model is not perfect, and the avionics are their own take on the real software, so don’t expect your own copy of the Helionix software package.
So, keep this in mind when getting the H145 as you will notice some differences from the real deal for sure.
Official XFER Design H145 features list
- Detailed 3D model with 4K textures and normal maps
- Customizable aircraft configuration with lots of optional equipment
- Customizable 3D cockpit which adapts to the aircraft’s equipment
- Helionix like avionics with FND, VMS, DMAP and NAVD page
- Realistic rotor animations with from wind swaying rotor blades
- Realistic particle effects for engine exhaust and downwash dependent on soil moisture simulation
- Custom FMOD sounds by Philip Ubben
- Tablet with aircraft customization options and presets
- Immersive interior and exterior lighting
- Full VR compatibility
- Support for RealityXP GTN750, AviTab and SmartCopilot
- 29 liveries from 19 operators included (note: you can see all the liveries in the images below)
- Paint kit included
- Detailed user manual with description of systems, checklists and limitations