The team released the Gazelle in not just one but 2 versions: the military and the civilian ones.
What's better than a Gazelle? Well, two Gazelles, of course.
JRX has released their new product, which brings both the SA341B and the SA342J to X-Plane. The project has been under production for about a year and it has been extensively tested by real pilots.
Here's the official description and feature list:
This product incorporates two versions in one and both are separate stand-alone models, tested over six months with the aid of IRL pilots as part of the JRX Test Team.
Is based on the military variant and uses “old school” avionics in use from the late 1970s onwards, including VHF and UHF military radios with “chatter” added for immersion.
It has a functional PBDI (position bearing distance indicator) similar to the NADIR on the French variant, which can be programmed with X-Plane FMS flight plans. This version has 17 military / service style liveries included as standard.
Is a civilian variant with a more “modern” avionics suite, an up-rated engine and a different body kit, along with custom made avionics based on the Garmin and Avidyne real world family. There is a fully functional autopilot module and a “pop out tablet” showing either the GNS530, AviTab or a Services page showing critical flight data. This version comes with 19 liveries of various aircraft from around the world.
Both versions include:
Model and Textures:
- Detailed animated 3D model both internal and external
- High quality pilot, co-pilot and passengers
- Animated rotor head and tail rotor
- All textures are PBR
- 4k external textures including all liveries
- 4k instrument panels
- All custom-made instruments with no legacy stock X-Plane instrumentation
- All doors and windows fully functional with sound attenuation
- Animated rotor tie downs and engine / pitot covers
- Animated yaw string
- Custom engine vibrations
- Animated friction locks for the cyclic and collective
- AH cage functions
- Custom animated instrument gauges and needles
- Dynamic aircraft ID plate based on livery
- Dynamic seat colours and pilot helmet / flight suit based on livery
- Custom external lighting (NAV / STROBE / LANDING / FLASH / DIM) with light spill
- Rotor blur and ground shadow
- All panel switches / buttons / controls are animated with sound
- Custom and fully functional warning and annunciator lights with test where applicable
- Much more …
Fuel, Equipment and PAX loading:
- Fuel and passenger loading are done within the cockpit
- Fuel weights are dynamically changed
- Pilot, co-pilot and passengers modelled – with dynamic weight
- Door removal – with dynamic weight
- Munitions (for the SA341 (INERT)) – with dynamic weight
- Sling loads are invoked in cockpit with no third-party plugin required – with dynamic weight / CG
- Detailed flight reference cards (FRCs) are included in-cockpit with all procedures
Full FMOD sound is included in both version’s with over 50 sampled sounds from a real Gazelle helicopter mixed live with FMOD studio.
- 3D external sounds with doppler effect
- Custom radio chatter both civil and military. Tuneable on the com radios
- Headset attenuation (helmet simulation)
- Custom blade slap
- Custom warnings and alerts
- All switches / buttons have sound assigned
- Realistic flight characteristics
- Start-up to shutdown realistically modelled on the flight reference cards
- The new X-Plane experimental flight model recommended
- Fully working under the 11.50 beta programme and compatible with Vulkan
- Longer shelf life for future X-Plane updates and will not “break” like many others
- VR and manipulator ready
- Hydraulics (WIP)
- Hard landings > 425 f/min
- Crash detection
- Engine fire
- Flame-out / Compressor stall
- With custom fire / sounds / smoke
Please note: the link above was either provided by the author of the product, the store that sent us the review copy or a personal choice of the article writer. It does not, in any way, indicate an endorsement of HeliSimmer.com to the website hereby linked.