And you’ll get to fly her.
JRX Design, author of the SA341/342 Gazelle for X-Plane has released the Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm Bo 105 DBS-4 for X-Plane. Yes, that’s the full name of that thing.
As you can see from the features list below, she seems to be packing. During the development process, she has been tested by real pilots with a lot of simming experience, like our own Nick Bates .
Check the features list below and go get’er.
Official JRX Bo 105 DBS-4 features list
And what a big list this is!
- High detail, fully animated 3D-model with PBR textures up to 4k resolution.
- Fully VR compatible, configured by SimVRLabs.
- Accurate flight model tested, developed and approved by a current MBB Bo 105 pilot.
- Complete and accurate start up and shut down functionality.
- Dynamic weights for optional fuel and part configuration.
- Bespoke custom made and accurate instrumentation sourced direct from a 105 DBS-4.
- Optional autopilot unit and a full IFR navigation instrumentation suite.
- Fully functional circuit breakers and electrical system including AC / DC buses.
- Working fire warning and extinguishing system.
- Custom instrument HDR spill lighting.
- HDR internal and external lighting.
- Dynamic vibration model with speed increase / decrease, including entering and exiting translational lift.
- RXP GTN integrated on a custom tablet.
- AviTab with custom tablet.
- Highly detailed pilot and co-pilot, with optional dual controls.
- Optional body decals including HOT3 missiles, working floats, flight steps and cargo hook.
- Complete FMOD sound package with 113 individual sounds sampled from a real 105.
- Headset attenuation, with optional ATC radio chatter (US, FR and IE) for better immersion.
- Particle system for heat blur animations.
- 26 liveries including civil, service and military variants.
- Included paint kit for body, seats, ID plates, interior trims and pilots’ uniforms.
- Flight configuration and options, all done in cockpit either in 2D or VR.
- Full documentation, including all flight reference cards in cockpit. Real-life reference documentation and video tutorials including the start-up / shutdown procedure:
- Full lifetime support at the forum, product updates and development as required: JRX MBB Bo 105 - X-Plane.Org Forum
- Windows, Mac and Linux compatible.