France VFR says the release is only a few days ahead.
The team is not exactly new in the simming community. France VFR has been out there for quite some time doing some extraordinary work, especially, and obviously, in the form of scenery for France. Their work has been covering FSX, P3D and X-Plane but now they have turned their eyes to Aerofly FS2.
Aerofly FS2 has a lot of potential and a lot of us who use it consider it to be the best VR experience out there right now. The sim is fluid, the graphics are quite pleasant and, despite the fact that it has only 1 official helicopter (plus the recently-released Lynx), the helicopter flight model is quite nice.
In fact, I have said several times that the R22 is the best helicopter out there in any sim at the moment – although, again, the Lynx is absolutely amazing, so that may be a tie. But I digress.
Like I was saying, France VFR set their eyes to Aerofly FS2 and they are getting ready to release a new payware scenery for the sim. Picking up their work in FSX and P3D, the team decided to release the city of Paris, in full glory, for Aerofly FS2.
The scenery covers the city of Paris, its main monuments, bridges and suburbs as well as the entire Ile de France region.
To achieve this, France VFR used aerial images and high-resolution terrain mesh, added thousands of VFR landmarks, aeronautical obstacles and buildings, several million buildings and trees as well as three highly detailed airports.
The goal of the team is “to provide VFR flight an environment as realistic as possible. It is the result of years of experience and practice in flight simulation and 3D modeling”.
France VFR is using a proprietary technology called 3DAutomation® which allows them to “generate the most realistic and dense environments ever seen. It does not intend to model real world accurately but to create a copy”.
With all this said, the list of features and screenshots below, I can honestly say I am very eager to boot FS2 up, jump into the R22 and spend some time in beautiful Paris.
When is it coming out, you may ask? France VFR told us it should be out by the end of this week. Yep. That close!
- Paris-Ile de France region depicted in complete detail.
- Ground textures from 0.25 to 1.60 meter/pixel resolution from IGN aerial photography reworked for an optimal visual rendering.
- Ultra HD mesh 4.75 meters resolution over the entire scenery.
- Obstacles and VFR landmarks modeled on the entire scenery including the official SIA database (antennas, towers, water towers, wind turbines, various constructions ...).
- Thousands of objects and POI buildings integrated into the environment (churches, power plants, silos, castles, industrial tanks, bridges, tolls...).
- Lognes, Saint-Cyr and Toussus airports modeled in great details.
- CDG, Orly and Le Bourget airports aren't fully modelled as operational airports but runway textures have been flattened and main buildings are featured.
- External photo-realistic coverage outside the Paris-Ile de France area for better transition.
- Integration of 3D Automation® technology allowing multi-million buildings and realistic vegetation areas fitting geographic specifications.
- Extremely dense vegetation cultivation from high resolution IGN data.
- Full 3D night lighting on the entire scenery.
- Geo-referenced data for maximum compatibility with future add-ons installed on the same area.