The Chilean region is the latest work of the team that has been filling the world of X-Plane with majestic mountains. But that may be ending soon as the team starts to look at Microsoft Flight Simulator.
We are only a few days away from what may be one of the last (if not the very last) scenery by Frank and Fabio for X-Plane. The team is looking into Microsoft Flight Simulator as their next sim of choice. We still don’t know if they are going to keep on developing for X-Plane, but chances are that they will focus on the new sim.
The new release, Torres del Paine National Park, covers a region in the South end of Chile, in the region of Magellan and Chilean Antarctica.
This is an area “with highly variable weather conditions, swept by cold winds, which is discovering recently a growing tourism, full of lakes and mountains unique in the world with the contemporary presence of limestone rocks and granite, with intense colors reminiscent of ours Dolomites”.
Frank and Fabio have added a grass runway to facilitate VFR flight as well as 4 Helipad near the tourist centers.
- 800 sq. Km
- Airfield(XLCT) with 4 Heliports in strategic sites.
- many villages, tourist centers
- All 3D models Torres groups with textures in 4K resolution
- all the vegetation mapped
- recolored the lakes, maintaining the water effect
- inserted hundreds of polygons / textures to reproduce the photo-realistic terrain
- ICAO codes:
- XLCT airfield
- HPAINE - HPHE - HPAH - HPAN (helipads)
According to the authors, this new scenery should be available within the next few days. Stay tuned!