The beloved little helicopter is back with an extensive update and a discount to previous owners.
DreamFoil Creations is back. After a long, missed absence, the Fred, the developer inside the team that dedicates himself to helicopters, has finally slowly came back after struggling, for a long time, with a nasty burnout.
Being a community’s favorite (very often THE favorite) developer in the community, folks were eagerly waiting for updates on the DreamFoil fleet. With the Bell 407 being the only fully compatible helicopter for the newest version of X-Plane (officially, anyway, since there’s a patch for the AS350 that has been providing users with good results), updates were in dire need.
After such a long wait, we already have the second helicopter brought up to speed: the S300Cbi.
But with everything regarding DreamFoil, Fred didn’t just spread some magic dust on top of it to make it work with X-Plane 11. He went the extra mile (or 10) to further enhance and improve this little helicopter, making it and its custom-designed interface better and fully VR-compatible, improving some textures – namely the panel – added a few more bells and whistles and even released the option to add a spray system, complete with some amazing particle effects.
You see folks, when DreamFoil
Is it a free update? A paid one?
This is a paid update. A well-deserved, paid one as Fred has spent many hours bringing this model to a new standard. A very high one just as he got us used to.
But fear not, owners of the previous versions will be entitled to a discount. If you bought the X-Plane 10 version, you can purchase this new, shiny, improved one for half its regular price.
Which is a pretty good deal, if you ask me.
- Comes with fully interactive manipulators compatible with VR
- SmartMenu also compatible with VR
- New textures taking advantage of PBR
- Highly detailed interior and exterior model
- Custom commands for all switches
- GTX327 transponder simulation
- Functional custom warning lights with integrated test buttons
- Fully articulated 3D rotor and blade flex
- Realistic blade tie system
- 3D propeller for tail rotor
- Custom animations for panel switches/keys/handles/gauges
- Animated transmission belt with clutch stretch system
- Enhanced night lighting with spill lights
- Custom Beacon/Strobe lights
- 3 Interchangeable Exhausts (sound changes)
- Removeable copilot cyclic and pedals
- Switchable Garmin 430
- Yaw string
- Removeable Doors
Realistic flight model
- Built with Experimental Flight model for best experience
- Accurate autorotation parameters
- Custom algorithm for CHT (Cylinder Head Temperature)
- STAR/AES system simulated
- Start-up overspeed limiter
- Automatic Rotor Engagement
- Low-Rotor RPM Warning
- Functional circuit breakers
- Pilot / Passenger weight affect CG
- Correlator simulation
- Governor kit available
- Flexible skids
- Rotor hold/drag allow to change rotor position with engine off
- Main rotor protective caps can be activated by clicking on blade tip when on correct position
- Cyclic with functional lateral and longitudinal frictions
- Collective functional friction
- 2 Hourmeters with per livery persistent data (engine / flight)
- Realistic startup with custom vibrations
External objects and tools
- Hook for sling load operations
- Functional floats
- Transport wheels, can be used with engine off to move helicopter on the ground
- Removeable Auxiliary Tank
- GPU (Ground Power Unit) available
- CropDuster version with customizable weight and flow rate
- New SmartLivery compatible with X-Plane default icons
- Stability options
- Customize your equipments
- Report with your flight time and recorded G limits
- Easy access to DreamEngine volumes
- Easy access to aircraft weights
- Correlator with 3 different presets and customization
- Quick views menu
DreamEngine Sound System
- Compatible with Vulkan
- Over 95 custom sounds
- Volumetric cockpit
- 3D positional sounds
- Headphone simulation
- Sound interaction with doors
Credit: thanks to our reader, Stan Huebler for the heads up.
Please note: the link above was either provided by the author of the product, the store that sent us the review copy or a personal choice of the article writer. It does not, in any way, indicate an endorsement of HeliSimmer.com to the website hereby linked.