VIRPIL released their new joystick base, the VPC WarBRD-D, which features a clutch system, making it a good candidate for a helicopter cyclic, but with some limits.
The base is smaller and made specifically for use on a desk, which will limit how you can use it. While you can add a bit extension, for example, it is not 100% recommended. Contrary to its older brother, the MongoosT-50 CM3, it does not come with extra cams or springs, which also limits how you can set it up. It may still be a good alternative if you are on a budget or want to use it on a desk only.
Official VIRPIL VCP WarBRD-D features
- Compact Design for Desktop, or Mounted Use
- Independantly Adjustable Axis Clutch Dampers
- Dual-Cam Per Axis
- Aircraft-Grade Duralumin Gimbal
- Swappable Springs and Cams
- Compatible With All VIRPIL Grips and Thrustmaster Grips
- 10% Discount When Purchased with VPC Grip (applied at checkout)