Native helicopter support in Microsoft Flight Simulator is out and that means some developers are going back to their models and update them to make use of Microsoft’s own flight dynamics.
That’s exactly what Touching Cloud promised to do. And now they have delivered.
Not only that, but they also released something else they had promised: the Kuznetsov carrier group. You can find the group in 3 areas: near Russia and near Cuba. The team is open to adding it to other locations as well, so feel free to reach out to them.
If you’re getting this update, please keep in mind that the throttle is controlled automatically by the collective so you will need to remove any axis you may have assigned to it.
Official features list
MSFS Ka-10M features
- native helicopter flight model with CFD simulation
- accurate weight and size
- multiple liveries
- animated mechanics – control levers, rotor mast
- animated default pilot model (IK bones)
- kneel tablet with navigation map (Pelican’s nav MFD)
- custom downwash effects
- custom engine, gears and rotor WWISE sounds
MSFS Kuznetsov carrier group features
- Three locations - Severomorsk (north-west Russia), Vladivostok (south-east Russia), Havana (north Cuba). Suggest your preferred locations!
- Group moves continuously with speed 29 knots, position reset every ~35 minutes
- Highly detailed carrier model
- Usable lifts (switches in Carrier Controls panel) with possibility to taxi into hangar
- Usable jet blast deflectors (switches in Carrier Controls panel)
- Native arresting system (supports F/A-18 and any other compatible aircraft)
- Quick pushback (no vehicle visualization, switch in Carrier Controls panel, use joystick to move or turn around)
- Carrier smoke effect (optional, switch in Carrier Controls panel)
- Cruisers swaying on waves (amplitude depends on wind strength, optional, switch in Carrier Controls panel)
- EXPERIMENTAL group respawn for multiplayer compatibility (if live weatehr active, it will appear in same place for all players, optional, switch in Carrier Controls panel)
- Toggleable lights (dim, spotlights, runway, helipads)
- Each spotlight direction can be changed manually (Carrier Controls panel)