High Voltage is the latest product by (crazy) developer Parallel 42 (//42 for shorts).
This scenery revolves around a “privately owned farm strip nestled amidst breathtaking hills, just a 10-mile flight from 42BC Bush Plane Campout.”. The scenery was made specifically for STOL aircraft. If you are looking for a challenge, the approach will give you just that as you will have to be extra careful with nearby high-voltage power lines, adding an extra thrill. As //42 say, “if you can hear the buzzing, you're too close”!
Or perhaps that’s part of the fun? You decide.
If you are a user of //42’s Campout, this scenery goes hand-in-hand with it as well and, yes, it does have helipads too!
- Runways: 872ft grass strip, no maintenance, marked helipad.
- Helipads: 1 grass, poorly maintained
- Approach Considerations: Side-sloped runway. From the East, hug terrain off the right wing and turn in over the cattle shack. From the West, dive in after power lines near stall speeds.
- Approach Cautions: Be alert for cattle on field & CAUTION POWER LINES!
- Notices: No low-wing aircraft beyond fence.
- Lighting: None
- Windsock: Portable windsock near the fence.
- Parking: Limited
- Amenities: Dedicated camping area, fishing, dark nights.
- Services: no restrooms, no drinking water, no weather info, no lights, no fuel. Cell service limited. Most services available down the road at the old country store.
- Multiple objects and hazards on approach or near runway contain collision boxes.
- Challenging approach onto a short and narrow valley strip.
- Custom terraforming to better resemble the region as it is IRL
- Custom 3D library of on-ground assets.
- Custom soundscape near power lines, campgrounds, & cows.
- Perfect stop on Northern California Backcountry bush trip adventures.
- Can you find the bear? What about the chicken that crossed the road?