The desert oasis is coming to AFS2 and ORBX is adding some flair to meet the exquisite taste of the rotorhead community. Fancy, right?
Jarrad Marshall, an ORBX developer, has made a post on the official forums, with bundle of screenshots, as well as a full description of the project. Jarrad was actually amazingly cool and contacted us to tell us that he’s adding some cool stuff for us, helicopter pilots!
With the R22 coming up (whenever you’re ready, IPACS?), this is certainly a scenery for the community to have some fun at.
Palm Springs Intl main features
- Ultra-detailed rendition of KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
- Enormous 1500sq km coverage
- Beautiful hand-edited ground textures at 30cm/1m resolution
- Impeccable 10m high res mesh
- High-detail ground poly with bump/spec mapping
- All-new custom vegetation cultivation
- Dozens of custom landmarks
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway helipads
- Unique static aircraft and vehicles exclusive to KPSP
- Extraordinarily detailed Airport Terminal
- Incredible virtual reality integration: optimised for performance and smoothness, best-in-class
- Extreme high-density vegetation and building cultivation
- 3D Night lighting for the entire city
- Advanced rendering, ambient occlusion and unique night-lighting techniques used for maximum realism
- Custom animated content
- ORBX PeopleFlow technology
- Designed to blend seamlessly with default Aerofly scenery
- Incredible performance on even mid-range systems – far superior to FSX/P3D/XP11
Palm Springs Intl screenshots
You can see more screenshots at the ORBX forum.