Innsbruck is one of Austria's biggest cities with quite an impressive backdrop. The project, which is being developed by Jarrad Marshall is pack-filled with great features. It really is a massive scenery with lots of goodies for helicopter pilots. Besides the Innsbuck airport (LOWI), we will also be able to find a handful of helipads, which is always a very welcome addition. It's great to see us virtual helicopter pilots getting some love.
Topography and coverage area
- Massive 2500 sq km of PR at 1m/60cm/30cm
- Huge extended coverage area with full LC, 10m Holgermesh, vector roads/rail/powerlines and waterbodies.
- 200,000+ building and 800,000+ vegetation autogen placements
- Custom seasons files with transitional altitude-based snowlines (mimicking what you would see in a full-blown region).
Airport and heliports
- Innsbruck Airport (LOWI) - The centrepiece of the scenery, in full HD
- Innsbruck Air Rescue Heliport (LOJO) - major helicopter base attached to Innsbruck Airport.
- Innsbruck University Hospital (LOIU) - the famous rooftop helipad in the city centre.
- Hat Tux Heliport / Alpin 5 (LOJT) - forward base for alpine rescue operations, located high up in the Tux Alps.
- Fire Service College Heliport (LOIN) - a fun location, and a little hard to find. Training school for local fire/rescue operators.
- Emergency Helipad - A nondescript landing area situated adjacent to the railway line near Buch-in-Tirol.
- Ultra-detailed rendition of LOWI Innsbruck Airport
- Enormous coverage area at 30cm and 1m coverage - our largest coverage area yet!
- Colour blended and corrected orthoimagery coupled with highly detailed custom autogen
- All new static aircraft & ground GSE unique to LOWI - all controllable via the CP and sorted by type (Airliner/Airline Charter/Corporate/GA)
- Super high-quality ground poly with environmental effects (oil/rain/sitting water)
- Advanced rendering, ambient occlusion and unique night-lighting methods used for maximum realism
- Highly detailed and AI-ready APX designed by resident APX guru, Graham Eccleston
- Over 160+ landmarks and POI in coverage area, including highly detailed cityscape
- Full suite of ObjectFlow, PeopleFlow2, TextureFlow and more included
- Complete seasonal variations for immersive experience
- Airport modelled on massive on-site photography by Fabien Stuefer, Fabien Klamm & Maximilian Gruber
- Optimised for use with high-end airliner products, control panel with full option suite via FTX-Central
Notable features, points of interest and landmarks
- Most major buildings in Innsbruck City Centre including University campus, hospitals, churches and hotels.
- 5x animated trains over 30km of routes, including local, ICE and freight (OBB) types.
- Both major train stations modelled - Innsbruck Central and Innsbruck Westbahnhof, including brand-new Adlers Hotel
- Olympic Park, Tirol Football Stadium and Ramada Olympic Park hotel
- Bergisel Olympic Ski Jump
- Innsbruck University Technical campus (massive complex next door to airport)
- Europa Bridge (one of the tallest in Europe)
- Many major churches including Basilika Wilten, Stift Wilten and others
- Most noteable apartment towers
- 20+ custom modelled bridges, elevated freeways and overpasses
- Outlet shopping centre
- Standschützen Military Base
- Large sections of detailed powerlines with visible cables
- Zugspitze - the tallest mountain in Germany
- Many other apartments, schools, shopping centres and industrial complexes
- over 160+ custom POI in total.
ORBC Innsbruck screenshots
The screenshots (some of which you already saw above) look absolutely brilliant.