Excited over the release of the DCS SA342 Gazelle? You don’t need to wait any longer.
That’s right. The Gazelle was just released. You can read our review here.
Read the full press-release:
DUXFORD, UK, May 13th, 2016 –DCS: SA342 Gazelle Available!
Polychop Simulations in cooperation with The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics are happy to announce that DCS: SA342 Gazelle is available for purchase from the DCS e-shop.
The SA342 Gazelle is a light scout/attack and transport helicopter. It was introduced in 1968 as a result of cooperation between Aérospatiale and Westland Aircraft. Operated by 23 countries, the Gazelle has served in combat operations across the world including the 1991 Gulf War, 1982 Lebanon War, Syria, and other conflicts.
The Gazelle is powered by a single turbine engine that is connected to three glass-fiber reinforced plastic main rotor blades with a bearingless main rotor developed by Bölkow GmbH. It is also the first helicopter which features the famous Fenestron tail rotor.
The version featured in DCS is the anti-tank version that is armed with four HOT 3 anti-tank guided missiles. Later, free upgrades to this module will feature Gazelle versions armed with a GIAT machine gun, rocket pods, Mistral anti-aircraft missile, and sniper team in rear compartment.
Key Features of DCS: SA342 Gazelle:
- Accurate and highly detailed six-degrees-freedom (6DOF) cockpit and external model
- Mouse interactive cockpit with authentic systems modeling
- Fully modeled weapon system including weapons sight and HOT 3
- Exciting and challenging campaign
- Interactive training missions
- AFM (Advanced Flight Model) that simulates all flight phases and characteristics of the Gazelle
- Inclusive flight manual
- Gazelle skins covering many countries
- Future weapons like unguided rockets, machine guns, Mistral anti-aircraft missile, and sniper team in rear cabin are coming soon.
ABOUT DCS WORLD
Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital battlefield game, focusing on a military aircraft, ground unit, and naval simulation. It includes a FREE TF-P1D Mustang and a Su-25T attack aircraft. DCS World includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region that encompasses much of Georgia – the location of the 2008 conflict.
Additionally, DCS World includes:
- Powerful mission and campaign editors
- Massive inventory of air, land and sea combat units and weapons
- Advanced AI
- Fast mission generator
- Dynamic weather and seasons
- Mission replay system
- Pilot log book
This all allows the creation of engaging, real-world combat missions in this flashpoint region. DCS is a true “sandbox” simulation that can and will cover multiple time periods covering many types of combat and civilian units. DCS World allows both realistic game play and more relaxed game play to suit the player.
Download DCS World for free from: www.dcs-world.com
About The Fighter Collection
The Fighter Collection, as well as developing software for the entertainment and serious game markets, also operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe’s largest collection of airworthy WWII fighters and is based at Duxford Airfield, in the UK. For more information visit our websites: http://www.fighter-collection.com/
Where to get the DCS SA342 Gazelle
You can get the Gazelle here.