ARMA 3's rich virtual battlefield makes it for a highly complex environment with lots to do. Chris Ellis (AKA) Guardian Angel decided to teach us about CAS.
In this first video (which, let me warn you) it's 5-hours long, Chris goes through a lot of topics as he goes through this live training session.
- What is CAS - history, aircraft and weapons selection, SA, air-space de-confliction
- Ground school flight training - vectors ingress/egress, LZ landings, transiting with terrain, SA
- Combat zone - map marking, grid refs, permissions, SA, basic comms
- Combat aircraft - limitations, functionality, warnings (RWR and indicators)
- Communications - general call-outs, combat call-outs, de-confliction call outs and ECAS
There's a lot to go on in this video and I can't wait to watch the next ones.