There are helicopters that are highly recognizable and carry an honorable aura to it. The Huey, for example is one of them. And, on that list, you will most certainly find the CH-47 Chinook.
The military, dual-rotor helicopter has been in service since 1961 and has seen a lot of different scenarios and fulfilled impressive roles.
Back in 2018, X-Trident announced they were working on the CH-47 and after 3+ years of development, here she is.
I’m happy to say that we can now get the venerable X-Trident CH-47D for X-Plane right now!
The features list is quite impressive. X-Trident had the help of real pilots and crew members of this bird to get it up to the standard a first version should be to make justice to this amazing piece of helicopter engineering.
What do you say? Insta-buy?
Expect a review coming from our resident CH-47 pilot, Jeff Tucker, very soon!
Official features list
- Highly detailed 3D model with immersive light systems
- FMOD sounds with user profiles
- Accurate engine and systems management
- Accurate AFCS (with support for both self-centering and non-centering joysticks)
- Accurate 4 axis autopilot with VOR, TACAN, ADF and GPS navigation
- External loads (with load/save and flight to options) and cargo drop
- Compatible with Reality XP
- Animated ground crew
- Animated custom fuel truck (with drive and self drive modes)
- Custom control panels