- The VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project is perfect for basic and 1st helicopter conversion for fixed wings aircraft pilots.
- Instrument panel is featuring a day/night VFR instrumentation:
- Turn coordinator
- Directional gyro
- Artificial horizon
- Vertical speed indicator
- Airspeed indicator
- CDI (course deviation indicator) - optional
- Electronic Pilot Monitor - EPM:
- Basic EPM-ALIKE monitor display.
- The EPM is implemented by using the basic visualization for Torque, Engine/Rotor speed, Fuel meter/Fuel flow, CHT, Carb T, Oil T Oil P Fuel P, EGT, OAT and Battery.
- The EPM-ALIKE monitor is built based on X-Plane out-of the box capabilities. It is "doing the job" perfectly, but not to be considered as a study level custom avionics equipment.
- Designed as a "Native-X-Plane" aircraft, pushing X-Plane's physical engine to it's limits, without any 3rd party dependencies.
- Highly detailed and realistic simulation of the Guimbal Cabri G2 Helicopter.
- Designed especially for VR operations.
- Flight dynamics model has "Novice" mode, allowing non-helicopter pilots to make an easy conversion from fixed wing to rotating wing aircraft.
- FMOD sounds package included.
- 4K textures.
- Floats equipped (currently, the initial release version is equipped with the floats).
- Advanced stages of development in all aspects.
- Extensive test flights - Flight Dynamics Model is getting into shape.
- Not scheduled yet.
- Expected no later than September 2018.
Not only the project came out as a surprise but the release date might also be a shock. September 2018 is right around the corner, which means this project has been under development for quite some time.
It's great to see more developers entering the X-Plane and, especially, the helicopter development market.