Turbulent Designs' TerraFlora, the amazing addon that completely transforms your trees in FSX and P3D has been updated. Meet TerraFlora 1.2.0.
If you are an FSX or P3D user and you don't know TerraFlora, you are really missing out! TerraFlora does an excellent job at replacing -- and drastically improving -- trees in these sims at pretty much no FPS impact. Check out Bel Geode's review and find more about it.
Meanwhile check out the list of new stuff and fixes (as well as some screenshots further below and a link for you to get this great product).
- Added multiple variants for Fall colouring. – Most broadleaf species now have at least two colour variants to reduce the ‘solid carpet’ effect. This means that were a single species is annotated, you will now see colour variants of that species. This is only apparent in Fall and is quite subtle.
- Added Red Maples – We had several requests to add missing Red Maples. We’ve added these as a Fall variant (see above) but their placement is quite sparse reflecting the real world as near as we can.
- Acacias reworked: The acacia texture has been completely replaced with a new version and the original canopy plane reinstated.
- Documentation PDF added (by popular demand)
- Adjusted Hard Winter conifers: The HW conifer texture has been adjusted so that the trees appear to be less snow-heavy.
- Conifer colour adjustment: The summer colouring for conifers has been tweaked. The tips of Hemlocks have been darkened slightly to make them blend a bit better but still stand out as a different species. Pine scrub has been made slightly bluer.
- Refined poplar shape: The poplar shape has been refined to make it slightly narrower at the tip.
- Material changes for multiple species to reflect texture changes (above)
- Added canopy poly for acacia (above)
- Corrected relative texture path error – suspected cause of missing trees in FSX and Fatal Errors in multiple sim setups.
- TerraFlora will no longer install SODE.
- Versioning improved
- Banner added for airport updates
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Installer bug fixes and improvements
Please note: the link above was either provided by the author of the product, the store that sent us the review copy or a personal choice of the article writer. It does not, in any way, indicate an endorsement of HeliSimmer.com to the website hereby linked.