One of the most busy, recognizable and famous airports in the world – KLAX – Los Angeles International – has just gained a new live in X-Plane.
The screenshots show a brilliantly detailed airport that looks awfully busy, just like the real deal. The sheer size of the whole area is nothing short of amazing (it always hits me how big it really is) and it’s a great hub for the general area of Los Angeles.
If you are wondering, ShortFinal Design is actually MisterX‘s, gig. Wonder why the quality seems to be so high? Now you know.
A huge shout out
I really need to point this out.
That do you expect from a scenery like this? LAX is a major international airport. There’s lots and lots of airliners and airliner traffic and, honestly, not really anything specific for us, helicopter simmers.
Nonetheless, Justin (MisterX) took the time and made a small extra effort to cater for our needs. You see, in this scenery — and he pointed it out to me when he emailed me about it — he said that although the point of the whole scenery was, obviously, not helicopters, he still added
2 8 rooftop helipads, serving a couple of hotels very near the airport.
He decided to add it to the scenery so that we could have a couple of good excuses for us to operate in this set. For me, that’s saying a lot and I already thank Justin for adding these for us.
So, while not really an helicopter specific scenery, it’s still a major aviation hub and another great excuse to fly around the area of Los Angeles.
Here’s the official description:
Los Angeles International (KLAX) is the world’s fifth busiest passenger airport, and the second busiest in the US.
It serves as a hub for a many major US airlines, including American, Delta and United. Due to its many connections to Asia and South America, LAX is considered to be the premier gateway to the Pacific Rim.
LAX is also the fourth busiest cargo hub in the US, serving as a hub for Atlas Air.
- Accurate models for all buildings with baked Ambient Occlusion
- Dynamic reflections on objects and ground textures
- Custom high resolution ground textures
- HDR night lighting, animated LAX Gateway Kinetic Light Pylons
- Animated airport vehicles (GroundTraffic)
- Custom animated jetways and DGS at all gates (using the AutoGate plugin)
- Animated information boards on terminals
- High resolution photo scenery (15cm/px)
- 311 parking positions with randomly placed static aircraft
- World Traffic 3 routes already included, made by Brian “Cpt. K-man” Navy (Bird Stryke Designs)
- Custom Mesh by maps2xplane, realistic sloped runways and taxiway underpasses
Where to get the ShortFinal Design KLAX – Los Angeles International HD for X-Plane
You can purchase it at the .org store.