Yes, we would be sad as well if DreamFoil really quit on X-Plane. Fortunately, they haven't and that was our April fool's joke.
What's not a joke or fake, though, is the information we bring you today. DreamFoil sent us a list of features that will come with their updated Bell 407 for X-Plane 11 as well as a set of new, exclusive screenshots.
Here's what's coming. Please note that this list is not fully closed yet:
- Cabin lights are now on their real place and using spill lights
- Improved gauges bar display visibility
- Removed _lit textures for 5 objects on interior
- Added interior normal maps
- Obj files optimized by removing ghost animations
- SmartLivery now uses X-Plane 11 thumb icons
- New skin for DreamEngine config window to match XP11 UI
- Added DreamEngine volumetric cabin
- New seat and interior textures that take advantage of PBR
- Improved fuel flow
- Fixed small flipped geometry on left side of headphone
- Improved landing gear adaptation during plugin start to avoid helicopter "drop" at ground
- Fixed torque on ground with flight rpm, will display correct value now
- Fixed airfoil drag curve, now helicopter will cruise at a realistic speed
- Recalibrated NG to match the correct rpm on various power settings
- Fixed wrong idle speed
- Improved pedal stop light logics
- Fixed MGT temperature during start and flight should give a more accurate reading
- New 3D propeller for tail rotor
- Implemented a simple 2 axis autopilot
- Improved clock
- Added shutdown command for starter switch
Along with the list above, we have some new cool features as well such as an autopilot, which you can see in the screenshot below (it's the first item in the pedestal).
Below you can also see the redesigned SmartLivery controller, that now displays the thumbnails X-Plane 11 uses and the new interface for DreamEngine as well as the new interior lighting and 3D tail rotor disc.
Price and release date
There's no set release date but this bird can be only a few days ahead, depending on how things go with the still to be added features and testing. As far as the price goes, this is not a free update so you should expect to pay for all the hard work DreamFoil's having to update this model.