I confess: I LOVE Rotor Ops.
So much that I made a small video about it, which you can watch below and I contacted the developer with a few suggestions.
And he listened. Which is really cool!
The new update comes with a few of my suggestions and requests and, along with other improvements, makes this a great release.
Here’s the changelog:
- New installer and updater
- Multiplayer slots now with all DCS helicopters, any selection and quantity
- Hot start option
- Forces now unified
- Selectable output directory
- User created missions now available, with screenshots and rating system
- Improvements to parking and player slots
- Many UI improvements like statusbar text color, button hover state, wait cursor, etc.
- Mission filters now active in menubar
- Player loadouts miz that you can customize with loadout, liveries, and fuel levels to be the default for player helicopters
For mission designers:
- New easy to use scenario config file for control over generator options
- Script: Multiple staging areas now possible
- Script: New lua predicate functions for player altitude and players in triggerzones
- Script: new function tallyZone for adding attacking units to the battle at any time
If you are a DCS helicopter pilot and you haven’t tried it out yet, you’re really missing out. Head out to the official website and give it a try. It’s well worth it.