As a coop-project with ORBX’s Northern California scenery expansion (California Dreamin’), they have released Half Moon Bay (KHAF) located just across the hills from beautiful San Francisco and nearby ORBX Sceneries: Sonoma County, Monterey and San Carlos (within a least a tanks worth of fuel). As per standard with ORBX, the scenery itself is beautiful and meticulously detailed including:
- 100sq km+ of 30/60cm photoreal
- Custom modeled airport & objects
- Advanced rendering, ambient occlusion and night-lighting
- Bonus helipad on Pillar Point
- Custom vegetation at airport
- High detail landmarks and POIs
- Detailed custom static aircraft
- High resolution 5m mesh
Most of the textures and features are derived from actual visits to the airport where the developers took source photography and mapped out the individual nuances that make Orbx scenery so magical to fly around.
The module requires: FSX, FSX Steam or P3D V.1-4, Orbx’s Northern California Scenery and FTX Central v3. Microsoft .NET (Framework 4.5 or above is required by FTX Central v3). Windows XP is not supported.
Where to get ORBX's Half Moon Bay (KHAF)
You can purchase the scenery directly from ORBX here.