After the release of TrueEarth Netherlands for the IPACS Aerofly AFS2 sim, ORBX is very close to releasing TrueEarth Great Britain for X-Plane.
The scenery will be released in a “series of three with GB Central and GB North to follow in the coming months.”.
As usual, the feature list is nothing short of impressive and the screenshots are amazing. ORBX also released a video (the one you can watch above) with something very interesting: there are some video shots with helicopters in the footage — including from within the cockpit, with Tom Woods’ B429. ORBX seems to be winking at our community!
Official feature list
- 42,000 square miles (107349 km2) of hand corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New autogen technology developed specially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking UK-themed houses to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 130 million trees at the correct height and location
- 2 million buildings at the correct height and location
- VFR landmarks such as masts, windfarms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas such as London and along the coast.
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as hills and beaches
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving left-hand drive traffic.
- Control Panel option to use photoreal major roads/motorways or synthetic X-Plane ones.
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
ORBX TrueEarth Great Britain Screenshots
For more amazing screenshots, check out the official announcement.