ORBX TrueEarth GB Central is the second installment of ORBX’s TrueEarth line for Great Britain. The company has just released some screenshots of their work.
The announcement came out on their forums and shows a bit of what’s to be expected for this region. Of course, there are no surprises as the level of quality is the same as GB South.
- 37,000 square miles (59,383km2) of of hand corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New autogen technology developed specially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking UK-themed houses to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 72.5 million individually counted trees, ensuring maximum accuracy in forest areas
- Well over 4 million buildings at the correct height and location
- VFR landmarks such as masts, windfarms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas such as Liverpool, Manchester, and Newcastle.
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as hills and beaches
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving left-hand drive traffic.
- Control Panel option to use photoreal major roads/motorways or synthetic X-Plane ones.
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
There’s no release date defined yet but you will be able to check it out at ORBX’s Twitch Channel this Thursday 22nd November (ThanksGiving) at 20:00 GMT.