A few months ago, Pilot Plus released their Wycombe Air Park definitive scenery for X-Plane which is quite a wonderful product.
At the above-linked review you can learn a bit more about the real airport but, in a nutshell, this airfield opened in 1941 as a RAF training base during World War II and it remained as a military base until 1965. A lot of the 90.000 annual flights that take place there are training flights. And a few of those are helicopter training flights.
Oh yes, and just like in the X-Plane version, Pilot Plus also added an external helipad at Cliveden House. Does it have helipads? Yes, sir! It does!
Check out the features below and look for the big button down the bottom of the article to find out more and purchase this scenery.
- The Pilot Plus Definitive replication of London Wycombe
- A unique and charming atmosphere with highly detailed 3D modelling
- Full PBR Air park, including apron assets, buildings and ground
- Hand painted ground at 5cm per pixel, with crisp surrounding orthoimagery up to 12.5cm per pixel
- Atmospheric night environment, perfect for that sunset departure
- 3D Animated People
- Includes local VFR landmarks which real-life pilots use when completing circuits
- Includes Cliveden House Helipad for trips from Wycombe
- Compatible with Orbx True Earth or Seasonal Orbx Products (OLC/EU England)
ORBX was very kind to send us some screenshots showing some cool helicopters!