ORBX presented the next product on the series, which developer Jarrad Marshall described it as being the “most ambitious project to date” for the company.
The scenery will cover an area of over 212,000 square kilometers filled with orthoimagery and accurately placed autogen. Jarrad says the team had taken “special care and attention” towards “color correction, editing and balancing the orthoimagery to ensure the highest fidelity and quality”.
A sample of points of interest (4K image)
The team is also placing millions of trees throughout the entire region and “grouped together to create an immersive environment if you enjoy flying close to the ground. The vegetation has been hand-coloured to ensure it blends in perfectly with the ground textures”.
You can read the whole post where Jarrad gives you the full description (and more screenshots) of the project.
- 212,000 km2 of hand-corrected/cleaned aerial imagery in 1m/px resolution (HD version) or 2m/px resolution (SD version)
- Millions of individual autogen trees/shrubs, grouped by type and hand-corrected for maximum realism across the entire region
- Explore and soar over the stunning San Francisco Cityscape crafted with full PBR effects
- Nearly 1,000 custom PBR POIs placed around the state; including San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, Silicon Valley and many, many more.
- All major cities accurately modeled, including SFO, Sacramento, San Jose, Oakland, Monterey, Fresno, Redding and many others.
- Millions of themed and efficient PBR autogen buildings placed to match the aerial imagery across the entire region
- Ultra-detailed elevation mesh sourced from 10m DEM to bring out great detail in the coastline and mountains
- Beautiful hand-cleaned water-masking, which blends in beautifully
- Many marinas have hand-placed 3D boats added
- Blends in seamlessly with TrueEarth US Oregon and the upcoming TrueEarth US Southern California (in development) to provide even more US coverage