The long-awaited Huey for X-Plane is out. It's now time for some thump-thump-thump all over the world.
Nothing beats the sound of a Huey’s distinctive blade slap. And this is a sound we have been waiting for a long, long time in X-Plane.
That wait is now over.
Nimbus Simulations has released their rendition of this classic piece of history and that has to put a smile on any X-Plane helicopter simmer face.
Especially after checking the features list:
- High quality 3D model;
- PBR textures;
- High quality 4K textures;
- VR ready;
- Black and also white panel and interior;
- Usable side mounted guns;
- Nothing beats the sound of the Huey in real live, so we are using High quality professionally recorded sounds to give you a realistic experience, every switch and knob, doors, guns, blade slap, engine and rotor sound is there
- Vibrations play a big role on helicopters; the Huey shakes a lot and we simulated that vibration;
- Accurate systems simulation, fuel, electric and hydraulic systems are simulated, all the logic of switches, warnings and annunciators is present;
- Accurate handling and flight characteristics;
- Accurate performance based on original performance charts;
- Realistic night lightning with custom lights and textures;
- Particle system;
Not only the model is filled with these amazing features, the team has added a few amazing modules as well:
- Windows for managing maintenance, weight and balance, doors and accessories, joystick position, copilot and checklists;
- Maintenance module: if you want a more realistic experience you can choose if you want the helicopter to require maintenance with time and usage, depending on how you fly and engine exceedances the mechanical components will degrade, and performance will be affected;
- Copilot: the Huey doesn't have an autopilot but we created a "copilot" module that will allow you to hand over control and forget about flying so you can move to the back, enjoy the view, the sound or even use the side mounted guns;
- Weight and balance: a graphic interface gives you the chance to modify the cargo, passengers, fuel and CG, handling of the helicopter will change depending on the CG lateral and longitudinal position;
- Doors and accessories: guns, no guns, doors opened or closed, wire cutter or not… Customize it as you want.
- Checklist: checklists are easily accessible through the menu on the left, this window will also allow you to see some performance charts;
- Joystick position indicator: a small window on the right bottom corner will show the position of your controls, it seems simple but is a very good way to refine your flight technique.
The amount of stuff added to this aircraft is just incredible. Nimbus has surely gone the extra mile and they have exceeded themselves here. If you have in mind this is their first helicopter… Well, it sounds very promising and we can only hope Nimbus continues doing an amazing job.
Expect a review from us soon. Meanwhile, go get your Huey!
Please note: the link above was either provided by the author of the product, the store that sent us the review copy or a personal choice of the article writer. It does not, in any way, indicate an endorsement of HeliSimmer.com to the website hereby linked.