New helicopter developers are always welcome. Brazilian developer HR Sim entered the X-Plane market with a payware R-66 that is the result of months of development and commitment.
The official features list is very interesting and it’s somewhat surprising to see that, for a first model, HR Sim got into the realm of FMOD and PBR materials, for example. Here’s the full list:
- Custom Sounds (FMOD)
- Material Shines and reflections (PBR materials)
- Comes in 7 colors (red (default), black, blue, green, grey, orange and yellow)
- Have 5 different models: traditional, executive, floats, no doors and wire strike kit
- Glass cockpit instruments
- Great number os animations including main and tail rotor, doors (including handles and baggage door), controls, seats (under part modeled as well)
- Highly detailed model with most parts done in 3d
As their first project, HR Sim realizes that they still have a lot to learn so they have released this helicopter as a low cost payware product (it costs US$17 right now).
Find out the link to the product page below.