Tilt-rotor fans were waiting for a release like this. And here it is.
Miltech has released a couple of products that work really well together and one of them was being anticipated for some time. Miltech Simulations partnered up with Maryadi to bring the MV-22B Osprey to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
But that’s not all and I’ll get into that in a minute or two.
Maryadi’s MV-22B Osprey has been a highly anticipated aircraft since the developer has released an extraordinary version for FSX and P3D and, throughout the years, skills tend to get better, of course. So, a new release, for any platform, was something that people were very eager to take a look at.
And then Microsoft Flight Simulator dropped.
Miltech/Maryadi’s Osprey is filled with great features, which I will check out in a future review. As you all know, always takes me a bit to write since I don’t like to rush these things. Good reviews (at least I hope they are) take time. But I digress.
The list of features is impressive for sure as you can see in the list below. But this is not all that Miltech Simulations has for us.
Along with the Osprey, the company is also releasing the Amphibious Ready Group, which is an addon that adds quite a few military vessels in the sim. As Miltech Simulations states, “an Amphibious Ready Group of the United States Navy consists of a naval element - group of Warships, and a landing force – fleet of aircraft”.
“Amphibious Ready Groups consist of one Landing Helicopter Assault (LHA), a Landing Platform Dock (LPD) and supporting vessels, such as LSDs and Frigates. These typically carry MV-22B Ospreys, F-35Bs, AV8Bs and attack/transport helicopters.”
Because of sim limitations, the vessels are all static, which is the only way to make them spawnable and add “bush trips”, which will come in a future update. The team is planning on adding moving ships, though.
I won’t go into a lot of details as I will be doing a review on this product as well, but I would like to add a couple of notes that you may find interesting. One of them is the fact that the boats have both runway and parking locations (so you can start hot or cold and dark) and they can be easily found using the MSFS map since they are marked as POIs (Points Of Interest). Very handy.
You can see the official features list for both products below. You’ll be able to find more information about the Osprey at Orbx , as you can at Orbx’s Amphibious Ready Group page . You can also purchase them there, of course.
Oh but there's more. Miltech Simulations also has the USS George H.W. Bush (CVN-77) for Microsoft Flight Simulator! And guess what? You can get all of these as a bundle for a discount! Nice, isn't it?
Official MV-22B Osprey features list
- Developed in partnership with talented aircraft developer Maryadi
- Most Detailed and Comprehensive representation of the MV-22B Osprey ever created for a consumer Flight Simulator.
- Accurate external model, as well as Internal cockpit model, based on the aircraft flight manual and references.
- Togglable automatic operation of Doors and Ramp based on the flight condition.
- Authentic interior and exterior Night Lighting, including Osprey’s iconic Blade Tip lights.
- Custom Sounds.
- Hand-crafted Liveries included.
Cockpit and Systems
- Comprehensive simulation of the aircraft instrument and systems. All instruments have been custom coded to match the real counterpart.
- Realistic manual operation of engine nacelles based on airspeed, as per the real-life counterpart.
- Full Simulation of BFWS (Blade Fold and Wing Stow) Procedures.
- Accurate simulation of Auto-Hover capabilities, Auto-Flaps and custom-coded Autopilot.
Flight Dynamics and Engine Systems
- Custom VTOL/STOL Flight Dynamics, including realistic behavior of the aircraft handling during movement of the engine nacelles.
- Fully simulated Vortex Ring State: Dangerous aerodynamic stall condition that results in an uncontrollable descent of the aircraft.
- Accurate simulation of the gearing system connecting both proprotors, allowing for 1 engine operations at reduced performance.
- Engine overstress limitations as per the real aircraft – engines cannot sustain full throttle for long periods of time.
- Marines VMM-162 “Golden Eagles”
- Marines VMM-263 “Thunder Chickens”
- Marines VMM-365 “Blue Knights”
- Marines VMM-163 “Evil Eyes”
- Marines One HMX-1 “Presidential Nighthawks”
- US Navy VRM-30 “Titans” (Fictional MV22B, real variant used is the CVM-22B)
- US Air Force “Blackbirds” (Fictional MV-22B, real variant used is the CV-22B)
- Japan Ground Self Defense Force
Official Amphibious Ready Group features
- Start your flights at the deck of USS America from any of the 16 locations around the globe.
- Simulate Amphibious Deployments, Marine Expeditionary Missions and Carrier Onboard Deliveries to and from USS America, USS San Antonio and USS Lewis B. Puller
- Locate, hover and deliver supplies to USS Virginia submarine on Special Operations with the Miltech Simulations MV-22B Osprey.
- Simulate MedVacs to the USNS Mercy
- Realistic carrier environment: Crew, vehicles, animated radars, static aircraft.
- Fully compatible with MSFS Multiplayer.
- We will add any location upon request
- Primarily developed as a companion of Miltech Simulations MV-22B Osprey, but compatible with any aircraft (see notes).
- USS America (LHA-6) Landing Helicopter Assault Ship (Spawnable)
- USS San Antonio (LPD-17) Landing Platform Dock Ship (Hard Deck)
- USNS Mercy (T-AH-19) Hospital Ship (Hard Deck)
- USS Lewis B. Puller (ESB-3) Expeditionary Mobile Base (Hard Deck)
- USS Virginia (SSN-774) Nuclear Submarine
- All 16 Locations are centered around the LHA-6 Carrier, and are identified by ICAO Codes:
- AG01 San Diego (Former Home Port for LHA-6)
- AG02 Sasebo (Current Home Post for LHA-6)
- AG03 Gulf of Aden
- AG04 Persian Gulf
- AG05 Key West
- AG06 Okinawa
- AG07 Caribbean Sea
- AG08 New River
- AG09 South Mediterranean Sea
- AG10 Philippines
- AG11 Pascagoula (Sea Trials)
- AG12 Portsmouth
- AG13 Northern Mediterranean
- AG14 Gulf of Bengal
- AG15 Hawaii
- AG16 Gibraltar Strait