<Hums old French song about a swallow>
French folks will get it!
The Alouette III is one of my favorite helicopters. I have said that already before, but, along with the Puma, it was one of the first helicopters I’ve seen in my life as it was part of the Portuguese Air Force. So, it does have a special place in my heart.
I also find it unusual looking, but beautiful, which is something I know not everyone shares with me. But you have to admit it, though: the view from inside the cockpit, through that huge amount of plexiglass all around you is breathtaking.
HSF has released their rendition of the Alouette III for X-Plane 12 and, among many other things, it comes with 36 liveries (including the Portuguese Air Force one – yay!), a lot of equipment, 6 interior versions and a paint kit so you can start working on your own liveries as well.
Check out the official features below, the screenshots HSF has sent us and go get it if you are an X-Plane user. You can download it right now at the .org website!
- 3D model with 2K textures and normal maps
- 36 liveries
- Ipad with helicopter customization options and presets
- 6 Interior versions ( Empty / Transport / Mountain rescue / HEMS / VIP / SAR )
- 10 different exterior equipements
- 10 different antenna options
- Hoist operator that moves if you open the hatch door for hoist
- Fully animated rotors
- 2 Engine types ( only 3d)
- VR compatibility
- Custom Fmod
- Rain effect with wiper
- Emergency floats
- Paint-Kit included
- Garmin 430 ( from xplane )
- Ready for AlpinHoist plugin