I know what you’re thinking: Laminar Research already improved trees in X-Plane 12! We have nicer 3D trees now! And they look so great!
Well, yes. But GeoReality went above and beyond. Just like they did with the previous version.
After all, you can always try to improve.
I won’t be making this article a review (but I will publish a review soon). Right now, I just want to tell you Global Forests v2 is here and its goal is to improve what Laminar Research has done, “using never-before seen technology”.
Here’s the features list as taken from the store page :
- Accurate representation of the Global forest footprint in XPlane12, according to global data
- More than 400 .for files, with unique combination of tree type, variation, density, and height, based on real-world data
- Tree type and classifications according to global data
- Tree height information has been analysed from global maps and infused into Global Forests
- Seamless integration with Ortho4XP, or any other package that includes satellite images
- Seamless integration with default X-Plane12 terrain
Picking up the data from a thorough analysis of the planet’s natural forests, GeoReality came out with a way to improve what we see in X-Plane 12, offering us much more and improved variation, tree density, tree type, and tree height.
This means you will see different types of trees with different properties.
Global Forests will replace all the default and third-party tree products you may already have and it’s completely independent from any other product out there.
Check out their official website as well.