Venice is one of those cities that everyone has, at least, heard about. The magic city with its canals has been fueling people’s imagination for years and I am sure some of the helicopter fans out there have wished they could visit it. From above.
And now you can do just that in X-Plane, for free.
X-Plane.org forum user mirao, in collaboration with XPFR released the city of Venice, along with the Nicelli airport, in great detail. For free!
As you can see in the list below, mirao went through a lot of work and added a lot of assets into the scenery. Some of them, helipads! Something that I also found interesting, is the fact that you don’t need external libraries as the author created all assets for the scenery.
Here’s the official features list:
- Nicelli Airport (LIPV)
- The city of Venice
- Three heliports in Venice: frigate, docks, hospital.
- 7 islands of the Venice lagoon (with hard surface)
- Hundreds of custom 3D objects such as buildings, trees, boats and cruise ships...
- Lots of details
- High resolution textures in 2K and 4K - Night light effects
- Custom HDR lights
- Normal maps
- GroundTraffic plugin (By Marginal)
- Optimized for excellent performance