The helicopter was converted from X-Plane 9 and it can now be used in the latest version of the sim.
The author of the conversion, Alex Delgado, updated and released this old timer with the permission of the original author and it’s working in X-Plane 11.50 both in OpenGL and Vulkan.
Please note that this is a very old model and it clearly shows. The model and the textures are not something you can compare to new creations and even the systems are not working very well -- we can't do a cold and dark, start, for example.
Still, it could be a nice, fun helicopter for those that love these old machines.
Here is the official list of features:
- animated 3D object and cockpit (with parts from the model by Mandun at 3dwarehouse.sketchup.com)
- modified animated pilot from the 'pilot collection' at xpfr.org
- custom sounds
- basic paintkit
- opening side door with flaps
- opening cockpit windows with speedbrakes
- opening engine canopy with vector thrust (you'll have to assign it to your joystick or keyboard / no handle in the cockpit)
Please note: the link above was either provided by the author of the product, the store that sent us the review copy or a personal choice of the article writer. It does not, in any way, indicate an endorsement of HeliSimmer.com to the website hereby linked.