The small charismatic helicopter is available as a modification for this sim, with some limitations.
It’s great to see when simmers are there for the community. Eagle Dynamics Forum Member nibbylot released something a few days ago that is really exciting.
Not only he created an AH-6J Littlebird for DCS, he also created and released a basic flight model for helicopters which doesn’t require the Ka-50 module! Think of it as a “template for other helicopter mods, as an open source project”, like he puts it.
The choice of the AH-6 as the project to showcase due to the simplicity of the aircraft and its systems.
The flight model may be modified and used on a project as long as credit is due, of course.
List of features
- Main flight instruments function
- Working weapon system and cold start with clickable switches
- Can control from both seats
- Working RWR
- Can use M134 minigun and rockets
- Basic Damage model
- Basic multicrew (can switch controls but cockpits not synced)
The flight model is not complete, though, and nibbylot also has a list of things that are not quite working:
- No vortex ring state
- Lift is not affected by altitude or temperature
- The flight model is not closely accurate to the real aircraft. Data is based on the OH-6 Cayuse
- Radio and communications are not functional
- Many of the engine gauges don't function
- No pilot model
- No external texturing (only flat black) and internal textures are basic
- No GAU-19
- Probably some of bugs
For more details, check out the original thread on the ED forums.