The new version of Banff National Park now includes the Canadian lakes with 3D water, something not possible with X-Plane 11 but that X-Plane 12 has brought and makes for a far more interesting waterscape.
Frank and Fabio describe this as a “very picturesque and touristy area, among the most beautiful in Canada”.
The region was vastly expanded featuring Moraine, Louise, Bow, Peyto, O'Hara, Emerald lakes, and some very characteristic resorts: Baker Creek, Storm Mountain, Bow Lake, Paradise Lodge, and Field, for example.
Among other amazing features, you can find a grass runway carved out in an area between Lake Louise and its village as well as 10 heliports, of course.
The team reconstructed the whole territory with the help of photographic data and the vegetation has mapped and faithfully reproduced in 3D.
The tourist areas were built following the typology of the buildings that are typical of the area. All the terrain 3D models were reconstructed according to DEM data and further processed with many structural details.
You will find 4K textures, derived from HD photographs, and hand placed.
To be able to show the amazing 3D water, the meshes remained the original ones. Because of this, you may find terrain levels that are not quite as they appear in real life, but that was a tradeoff that Frank and Fabio decided to do.
You can find Banff National Park for X-Plane 12 at the .org store.
Official features list
- The area included in this new edition is about 1500 sq. Km included in the degree + 51 ° -117 °.
- this edition includes a larger area than in the previous one with Moraine, Louise, Bow, Peyto, O'Hara, Emerald lakes, and some very characteristic resorts: Baker CreeK, Storm Mountain, Bow Lake, Paradise Lodge, Field, etc.
- All Textures based on 4K (4096x4096)
- Airports and Heliports
- Housing Areas
- Chateau - Louise Lake
- Moraine Lake
- Mountains - 3D Models
- This scenery is only suitable for VFR flight, only with a "visual flight".
- LCLLW – water runways - Lake_Louise Canada
- LCLM - water runways - Lake_Moraine Canada
- XLCU - runways Grass - Louise-Banff Canada
- HLML - Helipad - Helipad Lake Moraine
- XCYCHLL – Helpad – Helipad Lake Louise
- HLCLO - Helipad lake Louise
- HLSKT - Helipad Louise Ski – Station
- HLEMR Helipad Emerald-Lake
- HLHAR Helipad O'HARA-Lake
- HCYO - Helipad Yoho National Park
- HCBK - Helipad Baker Greek
- HCBW - Helipad Bow lake
- HCPY – Helipad Peyto Lake