After the release of their Bell 47 for Microsoft Flight Simulator – one of the very first helicopters to make it into the sim even before native helicopter support came out – FlyInside recently went public on their new product and scheduled the release for December 23.
It seems like the Bell 206 was ready a bit sooner, so the company decided to release it a bit earlier.
Like their Bell 47, the 206 features custom flight dynamics. This means it does not make use of Microsoft’s flight dynamics since FlyInside believes it can achieve better results with its own code.
Systems are also fully simulated, so you will be able to perform full startup and shutdowns and you need to be careful while flying her as FlyInside added: “multiple failures such as Hydraulics, Over-Torque, Rotor Overspeed, Hot starts and much more”.
The 3D model and sounds were developed based on access to a real Bell 206, owned by one of the team members, so you can find quite a few interesting details and lots of hatches to take a peek at things that are usually not modeled or visible on other helicopters or sims.
Official features list
- Revolutionary and realistic flight model, developed and tested by an experienced 206 pilot
- Support for full helicopter flight physics including effective translational lift, ground effect, transverse flow, flap-back, auto-rotation, and more
- Support for failures and dangerous flight regimes including vortex ring state, engine failure, and retreating blade stall
- Detailed 3D model with high quality PBR textures and animated drive and control systems
- Live inspection doors with 3d turbine, transmission, and internal models
- Openable doors and windows
- Dynamic and adjustable night lighting
- Realistic startup and shutdown procedures
- Fully interactive cockpit with full systems, switches, and circuit breaker
- High-fidelity audio based upon 100+ sound effects, including switches and latch sounds recorded from the real thing
- Highly customizable realism settings allow for a smooth, easier flight model for those who are less experienced, and a hardcore, realistic flight model for the veterans experienced with the complex and challenging flight dynamics of helicopters
You can also take a peek at the manual.
The FlyInside Bell 206B3 JetRanger is available right now and you can get it at the FlyInside website.