So, no, this is not a new model, but that’s not a bad thing, obviously. The good folks at FGUK love taking the opportunity to improve on whatever they can get their hands on and the Bo105 is a great example.
Picking up the original helicopter, the team decided to bring it up a few notches and make it more to their liking and level of detail. Beware, though, this is still a beta version that FGUK is releasing as Early Access.
Here are the changes FGUK made to the Bo105:
- Fully texture mapped with livery selection.
- 19 included liveries.
- 9 Mission configuration options.
- Fully reworked interior with detailed instrument panel.
- All external lights are activated from the overhead panel. As this is quite an awkward position in sim, a specific view has been provided for the overhead.
- Compositor external lighting.
- Livery specific levels of fuselage reflection.
- ALS Rain on Glass effects, and Rotor wash on grass.
- Some sounds alterations (still more to do).
You can download the (obviously free) FGUK-updated Bo105 for FlightGear here.