The new version is the latest iteration of Eagle Dynamics’ classic Russian attack helicopter for DCS, the Ka-50, which is still the world's only single-seat coaxial combat helicopter, designed for ground-attack
This version comes with Igla air-to-air missiles and a new defense system that detects missiles launched at the helicopter. A physical model of the Inertial Navigation System (INS) has been implemented, which is a first in DCS. This new system includes alignment before the flight, drift error accumulation, and the ability to correct according to preset fixpoints.
You can get this module for US$69.99 but if you are a Black Shark 2 owner, you can get a discount, so you’ll be able to buy it for US$19.99.
But, until mid-March 2023, Eagle Dynamics is offering a special price for current BS2 owners and you can upgrade to Black Shark 3 for only US$9.99.
Official features list for the upgrade
- Air-to-Air missiles "Igla"
- Defensive Missile Warning System
- Detailed model of the Inertial Navigation System (INS)
- A completely new 3D model created using modern technology
- Detailed 3D cockpit with 6 Degrees of Freedom
- Professional Flight Model that accurately simulates the characteristics of a coaxial helicopter
- Deep study of helicopter systems and equipment: sighting and navigation system, weapons control system, engines, radio equipment, cockpit instruments, fuel, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- All standard weapons of the helicopter have been implemented including: ATGM "Vikhr", rockets, bombs and internal flexible gun