If you are a fan of DCS, you must have been waiting for this new map for quite some time. The Persian Gulf Map, which brings us the straight of Ormuz and the gorgous Dubai is now out.
To get the map, you will need to update DCS to version 2.5.2. Get ready for some hefty 13GB for the map as well.
Here are the key features:
- 200,000 sq km highly detailed map area that centers on the Strait of Hormuz.
- As part of DCS World 2.5, this map include highly detailed terrain, textures, seas, and buildings.
- 13 accurately created airbases in Iran, the UAE and Oman. Airbases include a variety of landing aids that can include TACAN, VASI lights, realistic approach lights, and VOR.
- Detailed cities such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Bandar Abbas with unique buildings.
- “Strong Hold” islands such as Abu Musa, Siri, and the Tunb islands.
- Iran, the UAE and Oman will be added to the list of DCS World nations.
- Unique trees, bushes, grass and other vegetation using speedtree technology.
- Varied terrain from towering mountains and valleys to desert plains.
- New Iranian liveries
The first impressions of the map are really great. Stay tuned for a more in-depth review soon.
Where to get the DCS Persian Gulf Map
You can get the DCS Persian Gulf Map here.