To get the map, you will need to update DCS to version 2.5.2. Get ready for some hefty 13GB for the map as well.
Here are the key features:
- 200,000 sq km highly detailed map area that centers on the Strait of Hormuz.
- As part of DCS World 2.5, this map include highly detailed terrain, textures, seas, and buildings.
- 13 accurately created airbases in Iran, the UAE and Oman. Airbases include a variety of landing aids that can include TACAN, VASI lights, realistic approach lights, and VOR.
- Detailed cities such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Bandar Abbas with unique buildings.
- "Strong Hold" islands such as Abu Musa, Siri, and the Tunb islands.
- Iran, the UAE and Oman will be added to the list of DCS World nations.
- Unique trees, bushes, grass and other vegetation using speedtree technology.
- Varied terrain from towering mountains and valleys to desert plains.
- New Iranian liveries
The first impressions of the map are really great. Stay tuned for a more in-depth review soon.
Where to get the DCS Persian Gulf Map
You can get the DCS Persian Gulf Map here.