The company’s first commercial endeavor, which quickly became one of the community’s favorites, now has a brother.
- Cowan Simulation not only updated the Bell 222UT but also released the wheeled version Bell 222B.
- Owners of the Bell 222UT will be able to get the 222B at a discount.
- Visit HeliSimmer.com's homepage for more stories.
Rejoice, Bell 222 fans! Cowan Simulation heard your prayers. The 222UT is not only updated to version 2.0 but you can now also get the wheeled version 222B!
Here’s the official press-release:
Cowan Simulation releases the 222B for X-Plane
The 222 is one of the most recognized helicopters in the world and it was placed on the center stage by the TV show ‘Airwolf’ back in the 1980s.
Cowan Simulation began the 222 project in 2019 debuting their presence in the flight simulation market with the 222UT in mid April 2020. Six months has passed and now the 222B is available for purchase at CowanSim.com.
While developing the 222B v1.0 the 222UT was updated to v2.0. Sounds have now hit 2,000 lines of code while the thousands of lines of code involved with animations and systems continues to grow too. Modeling, PBR and textures are coming together nicely with each model.
The 222 project is an ongoing effort and aims to create highly accurate models.
The flight models were developed, tested and approved with the help real world pilots. Systems are simulated in depth and continue to grow as well.
Current customers, who already own the 222UT, can purchase the 222B for a discounted price of $14.95. New customers will pay $24.95 for either or $39.95
Official features list
- SASL sounds, 2000 lines of code
- Custom xlua code for systems and animations
- VR and Vulkan ready
- Custom 3D instruments
- Custom and realistic start up from cold and dark
- Custom coded auto start using ctrl + shift + e
- Capable of starting up running
- Vibration animations
- Blade slap sounds
- PBR textures
- Realistic flight model tested by pilots
- AviTab integration
- Xchecklist capability
- PDF manual and checklists
- Paint kit with UV map
- Highly customized lighting
Where to purchase
You can purchase the Cowan Simulation 222B, for $24.95 at https://cowansim.com
Please note: the link above was either provided by the author of the product, the store that sent us the review copy or a personal choice of the article writer. It does not, in any way, indicate an endorsement of HeliSimmer.com to the website hereby linked.