The Comanche is a helicopter that has always be present in the imagination of all the helicopter lovers around the world.
Slick, dangerous and almost like something that came out of a sci-fi movie, it’s the combat helicopter we all wish to have seen serve. But that never actually made it past the prototype phase.
Fortunately, the Comanche has been making some appearances here and there on some sims, so we can still, at least, see it flying in the virtual world.
FlightGear is one of the sims that has been giving us these glimpses for some time and now the model has been updated to version 2.
The new version, which can be used on FG2017 or higher and the list of features/changes is quite nice:
- All new FDM ( its Fast, Its Agile, its also stable when you need it to be ).
- Cockpit engine displays now displaying actual engine data.
- Added GPS + Lighting control panel to the pilots cockpit.
- Lighting pack updated. All external lights are controlled from the lighting panel so so can go dark for those "Stealth" missions.
- ALS Glass effects including rain.
- All new sound pack.
- Payloads are now viewable over MP.
- Pilot and gunners doors are Click to open.
- Updated main rotor animations.