If you follow us, especially on social media, you may have noticed that there’s an expression that we use, which it became a bit of a joke: does it have helipads (or the #doesithavehelipads hashtag)?
Well, this scenery is ALL about helipads.
Boundless has released a scenery that adds a total of 12 helipads to X-Plane 11. The list of locations can be found just below this paragraph and it covers a nice area around the Ireland.
List of locations
- Bishopstown GAA pitch, Cork
- Blacksod Lighthouse, Co. Mayo
- Drogheda GAA pitch for Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Co. Louth
- Letterkenny Universitu Hospital, Co. Donegal
- Mayo University Hospital Castlebar, Co. Mayo
- Sligo University Hospital, Co. Sligo
- Tallaght Hospital, Dublin
- University Hospital Galway, Galway City
- University Hospital Kerry, Tralee Co. Kerry
- University Hospital Limerick, Co. Limerick
- Waterford Rugby Pitch, Waterford City
- Wexford RFC, Co. Wexford
You do need to keep in mind that, like Boundless indicates on the product page, “this scenery does not include the ortho imagery shown in the screenshots.”. The company recommends “using source BI for Ireland at level 16 minimum.”.
The locations were chosen for being used by rescue helicopters for medical purposes and Boundless says that “each one poses a unique challenge, especially in wet and windy Irish weather”.
Check out the link below to purchase this pack.
Official features list
- 12 helipads and locations across Ireland
- Realistic night lighting of streets, sports fields and helipad lighting
- Custom helipad textures matching their real-life counterparts
- Custom Blacksod lighthouse building with rotating beacon
- Realistically modelled Irish ambulance with lights
- Each location given a 5-letter identifier that will show on the Avitab map when heliport filters are enabled
- Goal posts, dugouts, stands etc. placed in nearby GAA/football/rugby pitches, AstroTurf pitches etc.
- Nearby housing estates modelled with 100’s of accurately placed houses
- 1000’s of hand-placed trees
- 1000’s of placed cars in nearby car-parks
- Custom placed X-plane facades for each hospital