This update is not a new coat of paint or some tweaks here and there. The author of the 430 for FlightGear has gone full throttle and pretty much rebuilt it.
If you are unaware, FlightGear is a free, open-source flight simulator with a very good flight dynamics of helicopters. Although it lacks some of the features the mainstream/commercial products come with, it’s a valuable sim and a gateway for a lot of people that would like to try getting into flight simulation.
Here’s the official release notes for version 1.0:
- Complete rebuild of the Chopper. Suitable for Fg 2018+ versions.
- All new FDM.
- New sound FX.
- New Instrumentation.
- Semi realistic startup ( Read the in sim HELP or you will not get far !!!!!! ).
- ALS Glass and Fuselage effects including Rain and livery specific levels of fuselage reflection.
- Multiple configuration options.
- FLIR view on FLIR equip configurations.
- Rotorwash on grass effect.